Direct Link to AHS Family Connection’s page:
What is Family Connection?
Family Connection by Naviance is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that students can use to help in making decisions about colleges and careers. Through Family Connection, the Counseling Department and the College Career Center is able to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that's specific to American High School.
Family Connection will allow students to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from AHS for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Research careers – Career exploration tools and assessments. Students can learn about themselves, linking personality types and interest with different careers.
- Sign up for college visits - Find out which colleges are visiting AHS and sign up to attend those sessions.
Family Connection also makes it easy to share information about upcoming meetings and events and other Web resources for college and career information. Students can also use the site to send AHS counselors and college admission representatives an e-mail message.
Family Connection Login Process
Note that the username and password has changed for some students
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL STUDENTS:
1. Open your internet browser and go to: http://connection.naviance.com/americanhigh
2. Your login or Username is the same as your ChromeBook login =
Free 3 letters of first name,
First 3 letters of last name,
Last 3 digits of student ID# Add: @fusdk12.net
Example: John Doe ID# 55123
3. Password is your Student ID#
4. Click "Log In"
5. Once you are in set-up your account. Top right corner, click on “manage my account”.
6. Then click on “Manage my profile”
7. Next to Email you will see a pencil, click on that.
8. Add your personal email, confirm and then click “Update”
If you have trouble logging into your account, use the "forgot password" button or see your counselor
If you have entered your email address into your Naviance profile, you'll receive a password recovery email.
Parents can track their children's progress and help their children use this free, online program. Please encourage your students to use it. Parents can start by opening up their parent account.
- PARENTS: Your Registration Code is 'CAPITAL P' followed by your student's ID number.
- Ex: P1212132.
- Click on Register and set-up your account