Ordering Transcripts for Common Application
If you are applying to a private university using the Common Application, you must order your transcripts through Parchment.
Please follow the instructions below to complete this task:
- Create an account at http://www.commonapp.org/ and note your Common App ID. You will need it to make sure your transcript gets to the right place.
- Use the School Forms section of the Common App Online to invite your counselor to be a recommender. Doing this will trigger an email message to your counselor providing instructions on how to submit school forms online. Confirm with your counselor that he or she intends to submit school forms online.
- Log into your Parchment account (http://www.parchment.com/) and select the Common App tab.
- Provide your Common App ID – when prompted, confirm that the Common App ID and information (i.e. your name, colleges applied to, counselor name) are correct.
- Your transcript will be sent directly to the Common App Online system where it will be matched by your counselor with your school forms and submitted on your behalf.
- Once you have submitted your transcript to the Common App, your transcript is ready for submission to ALL of your Common App colleges. You do not need to submit one for each “C” college.