The mission of the American High School Band Parent Organization serves to:
- Support the continuation and advancement of music education by providing supplementary funding and assistance to the American High School Music Program, Marching Band, Concert and Symphonic Bands, Choir, Color Guard, and Winter Guard, Winter Percussion, and Jazz Bands programs through donations and fundraising activities;
- Serve as the liaison between the community and American High’s Music Programs;
- Welcome member parents, students, or other persons of all ages and genders, as well as all cultural, religious, and ethnic backgrounds;
- Place high priority on a membership which gives primary attention to excellence in music;
- Serve as a positive role model for school support organizations, and engaging in scholastic endeavors and community services;
- Continue to develop strength in existing disciplines, and to build on its established qualities in the development of future music programs.
2016 Marching on to College scholarship
For the 2016-2017 year the BPO is proud to be able to offer 2 scholarships to students in the Music program: marching, jazz, symphonic, concert bands, color guard, or choir.
The deadline for the application submission is March 31, 2017 at 3pm to Mr Wong.